Whether you live in a spacious custom residence on the lake or in a condo at Casa Loma, having a garden to cultivate and nurture can add to the beauty of your Mission Viejo Home and your quality of life.
I love to garden. The Rose garden pictured is mine as are some of the other plant close-ups. It seems I am always planting or moving something or trying a different plant; just plain having fun in the dirt. There are several local nurseries I like to visit to indulge my passion.
Here is a list of local garden resources and my own comments about them:
- Green Thumb; an extensive variety of plants, indoor and out, outdoor decor, some garden gift items, some misc home-related merchandise like mailboxes, signs, sprinklers, hoses. Lots of soil, amendment, rock and mulch options labeled very well. Pots and fountains. Decent prices and good merchandise.
- Plant Depot; this is probably my favorite place to go since this place is huge, well laid out with an excellent area for home and garden gifts and do-dads. Excellent varieties, exceptional display and choice of succulents. Knowledgeable and friendly people. Priced a little higher but obviously I think it is worth it.
- Armstrong Garden Center; there are two I go to. One on Crown Valley in Laguna Niguel and the other in San Juan on Del Obispo. Laguna Niguel is smaller and choice is not as extensive, but has the basics. I like the one in San Juan because of variety, the staff and the garden-related supplies and gifts offered.
- Rogers Gardens; if you want something special, go to Rogers Gardens. If you love gardening, go to Rogers gardens. You need to go if you love gardening just to experience their displays and varieties. The Holidays are always special there. Pricey but you will find some wonderful plants and merchandise here. Staff is exceptional.
- Home Depot; they have a rotating variety of plants as well as some staples for So Cal gardens they always offer. good prices. Most of the plants I have purchased there have done well.
Hopefully you will be inspired by some of the work other Mission Viejo residents have completed.